11/26/04

Hi Mom

This morning before work I picked up my mom from the car dealership and dropped her off at home. Her car should by done by noon, they said. We passed the mall and looked at all the cars already in the lot, and the news helicopter hovering above, videotaping the crazy people with all their bags and carts.

We talked about car dealers and strawberry bread mostly. Then I told her about yesterday morning's football game - a couple dozen of us guys bumbling around on a muddy field - and tried not to embellish any reports on my performance. That was hard.

Then, after I dropped her off and continued north to work, I thought about how interested she seemed, and how nice she is, and how rarely I used to ask her about *her* life. And: how funny it is that you're never to old to brag about your accomplishments to your mom.

No comments: