4/28/05

Open Letter To The 1990-96 Nissan 300ZX

Let me start by saying that I still think you're really pretty. Not just for your age, either... you really are a knockout, in my book. It's just that I've noticed another car, and I knew the only honorable thing to do would be to tell you myself.

You have seen the 2003-05 Infiniti G35 Coupe, haven't you? I mean, it would be hard not to notice those lines, those curves, that extra half-liter of engine displacement...

I'm sorry. I got sidetracked.

Yes, I know you were the original, and that without you there never would have been a G35 Coupe, but... you understand, right?

Hey, at least it's not the new 350Z. That would have been even worse, no? But that car's just too flashy for my taste, too, "Hey, everybody, I'm the new Z!"

-Not like you at all. Your style is timeless... elegant... classic. You're true blue, 1990-96 Nissan 300ZX.

I'll never forget the first time I saw you: Car and Driver. November '89. The double-page fold out. The dramatic lighting and photography. And you, in silver. Gosh, it takes me back...

But that G35... whoo! What a looker!

Sorry. I'm sorry.

No comments: