4/12/06

Orgy of Narcissism, Continued

...As we draw ever closer to revealing a hundred facts about Mr. Colin Dullaghan...

*****

25) I got this thing for palindromes. No one knows why. Yhwsh onk enoon.

26) I aspire to one day "overdub" something. I don't fully understand all that's involved in this process, but it definitely sounds magical and impressive.

27) Lately I've been thinking about becoming amazingly wealthy.

28) My sense of direction is not the worst you've ever seen, but only because there is, I believe, a massive category of individuals whose orienteering skills are precisely as miserable as my own.

29) I'm about fifty percent capable of using the words "August" and "Hale" as adjectives.

30) "Ardent" is alllll mine.

31) I always think of Dr. Pepper as tasting purple, though I have no explanation of why or what that quality would even signify.

32) I have never, ever done a load of laundry, and I'm embarrassed about it.

33) I type the word "just" as "jsut" about half the time, and msut always go back and fix it.

34) I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches slower than anybody. My wife thinks there's something wrong with me, but I say there's no shame in taking pride in your work.

35) When I studied German in middle school, my in-class name was "Felix," because there's really no Germanic equivalent for "Colin."

36) I just realized I have one American car with a Japanese engine and one Swedish car with an American engine.

37) I also just realized I've never owned or ridden a motorcycle that was not Japanese.

38) I own the movie "UHF" and believe it to be Really Funny.

39) I have kind of a fetish for lightbulbs. I think they're neat because they're enclosed air and they glow, and I always check the aisles at Lowe's and other places to see if they have any interesting lightbulbs I've never seen before, particularly specialty models nobody wanted and have been marked down to a quarter each.

40) I almost visited the Edison museum in Fort Myers, Florida, but nobody except me really wanted to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a rumor that Dr. Pepper is supposed to be made of prunes and/or taste like prunes.

Now, granted this little rumor is NOT true, but perhaps that is where your Dr. Pepper = purple thought originates from????

Colin said...

My goodness! I think you're right! I *did* hear that rumor once...